Greene County Soil and Water Conservation District
As part of our effort to better assist producers, we recommend several publications.
Listed below are the cost-share practices that the Greene County SWCD has approved for FY10.
- DSP 3.1 Grazing System Water Development (max $95/ac)
- DSP 3.2 Grazing System Water Distribution (max $85/ac)
- DSP 3.3 Grazing System Fence (max $60/ac)
- DSP 3.4 Grazing System Lime (max $50/ac)
- DSP 3.5 Grazing System Seed (interseeding legumes) (fertilizer not included:$40/ac max)
- DSP 2 Permanent Vegetative Cover Enhancement (interseeding legumes)
- N351 Well Decommissioning (Incentive Payment:$400)
- N574 Spring Development
Nutrient Management (Three Year Management Plan)
- N590 Nutrient Management (Incentive Payment $30/ac, Max $4,500)
Pest Management (Three Year Management Plan)
- N595 Pest Management (Incentive Payment $15/ac, Max $2,500)
- N386 Field Border
- N391 Riparian Forest Buffer
- N393 Filter Strip
- WQ10 Stream Protection
- C650 Streambank Stabilization (Max $5,000)
Sheet and Rill, Gully Erosion
- DSL-1 Permanent Vegetative Cover Establishment
- DSL-2 Permanent Vegetative Cover Improvement
- C100 Timber Harvest Plans (Incentive Payment $15-$20/ac, Max $3,000)
- DFR-4 Forest Plantation
- DFR-5 Woodland Protection-Livestock Exclusion
- N472 Use Exclusion (Max $6,000)
For and excellent reference on planting rates and depths for common Missouri forages, see the MU Extension publication: Seeding Rates Dates and Depths for Common Missouri Forages g04652.
Beginning July 1, 2008, all of the SWCD cost share must be direct deposited into the landowner's bank account.
The following Vendor form is provided here for your convenience. It is required to complete contracting.
Vendor Input/ACH/EFT Form PDF Fill in 300-1489, available from the State of Missouri website.
** Please note: Lines titled "Date of Change" through "Previous Address" are only to be filled out if there has been a change in your information.
Please return completed forms to the district office. If you have questions please call us at the number listed below.
Because we get many questions on soil sampling and how to interpret soil samples, we recommend the following MU Extension publications:
- Interpreting Soil Tests g09112
- Soil Sampling Pastures g09215
- Soil Sampling Hayfields and Row Crops g09217